Activerecord-jdbc-adapter 0.8.1 Released
Posted by Nick Sieger Wed, 04 Jun 2008 21:57:00 GMT
The long-delayed and much-awaited 0.8.1 release is here. It fixes quite a few reported bugs (but not quite all). See the full changelog below for details.
Please help me make more frequent releases of ar-jdbc by submitting patches against the trunk of activerecord-jdbc. Test cases appreciated also.
File bugs in JRuby’s JIRA. Use the “ActiveRecord-JDBC” component when filing them.
You can check out the source here:
svn co http://jruby-extras.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/activerecord-jdbc git clone git://github.com/nicksieger/activerecord-jdbc-adapter
Recently I started keeping a mirror of activerecord-jdbc-adapter on Github. Feel free to watch or fork and send me patches via
git format-patch as well.
One of the cool new things in this release is a JDBC version of sqlite3 using the Zentus Sqlite JDBC driver. The crazy thing is how the driver is created. The original sqlite3 codebase is cross-compiled to MIPS and the resulting output coverted to Java bytecode using NestedVM! The adapter is still in its early stages, but basic stuff seems to be working. Try it out using
jruby -S gem install activerecord-jdbcsqlite3-adapter.
Let me know how the release works for you!
Changes in 0.8.1
- Now sporting a JDBC sqlite3 adapter! Thanks Joseph Athman.
- Added support for InterSystems Cache database (Ryan Bell)
- Fix for JRUBY-2256
- JRUBY-1638, JRUBY-2404, JRUBY-2463: schema.table handling and Oracle NUMBER fixes (Darcy Schultz & Jesse Hu)
- Add structure dump and other DDL-ish for DB2 (courtesy abedra and stuarthalloway)
- Fix missing quotetablename function under Rails 1.2.6 and earlier
- Small tweaks to jdbc.rake to select proper config
- JRUBY-2011: Fix MSSQL string un-quoting issue (Silvio Fonseca)
- JRUBY-1977, 17427: Fix information_schema select issue with MSSQL (Matt Burke)
- 20479: Improve gettablename for MSSQL (Aslak Hellesøy)
- 20243: numerics improvements for MSSQL (Aslak Hellesøy)
- 20172: don’t quote table names for MSSQL (Thor Marius Henrichsen)
- 19729: check for primary key existence in postgres during insert (Martin Luder)
- JRUBY-2297, 18846: retrying failing SQL statements is harmful when not autocommitting (Craig McMillan)
- 10021: very preliminary sybase support. (Mark Atkinson) Not usable until collision w/ sqlserver driver is resolved.
- JRUBY-2312, JRUBY-2319, JRUBY-2322: Oracle timestamping issues (Jesse Hu & Michael König)
- JRUBY-2422: Fix MySQL referential integrity and rollback issues
- JRUBY-2382: mysql string quoting fails with ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException